EXETER Chiefs forward Sam Skinner will win his second cap for Scotland on Saturday after been named in their starting line-up to face South Africa at Murrayfield.
The 23-year-old earned his first cap last weekend as Scotland overcame a Fiji side that featured Cornish Pirates hooker Sam Matavesi 54-17.
Skinner is one of five players to keep their places in the Scotland pack as head coach Gregor Townsend’s make six changes to the team that beat Fiji. However, the Exeter player does switch from lock to blindside flanker.
The Scotland team will also feature Stuart Hogg, who will be joining the Chiefs next season.
Coach Townsend said: “South Africa have made a lot of improvements over the last three or four months, beating the All Blacks in New Zealand and putting in an 80-minute performance to defeat France in Paris, which underlines their quality.
“Their traditional strength has always been their physicality and this remains a key point of difference for them. We expect them to be confrontational and powerful in their ball carrying, their defence and also at set-piece time. It will be a great challenge for our forward pack in particular.”
SCOTLAND TEAM TO FACE SOUTH AFRICA
- Stuart Hogg VICE CAPTAIN (Glasgow Warriors) – 63 caps
- Tommy Seymour (Glasgow Warriors) – 45 caps
- Huw Jones (Glasgow Warriors) – 17 caps
- Pete Horne (Glasgow Warriors) – 37 caps
- Sean Maitland (Saracens) – 35 caps
- Finn Russell (Racing 92) – 38 caps
- Greig Laidlaw CAPTAIN (Clermont Auvergne) – 64 caps
- Gordon Reid (London Irish) – 32 caps
- Stuart McInally VICE CAPTAIN (Edinburgh) – 20 caps
- Willem Nel (Edinburgh) – 24 caps
- Ben Toolis (Edinburgh) – 13 caps
- Jonny Gray (Glasgow Warriors) – 45 caps
- Sam Skinner (Exeter Chiefs) – 1 cap
- Hamish Watson (Edinburgh) – 21 caps
- Ryan Wilson (Glasgow Warriors) – 39 caps
- Fraser Brown (Glasgow Warriors) – 36 caps
- Allan Dell (Edinburgh) – 15 caps
- Simon Berghan (Edinburgh) – 12 caps
- Josh Strauss (Sales Sharks) – 15 caps
- Jamie Ritchie (Edinburgh) – 4 caps
- Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors) – 18 caps
- Adam Hastings (Glasgow Warriors) – 5 caps
- Chris Harris (Newcastle Falcons) – 5 caps
SEE SUNDAY’S PAPER FOR REPORT AND MORE EXETER CHIEFS NEWS